Your privacy is important to us.
A copy of the Act is available at: http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/C2014C00076
In our policy:
- The website located at www.created.edu.au is referred to as the "Site"
- Creative Education Holdings (“Created”) Pty Ltd (ACN: 106 693 190) is referred to as "we", "our", "us"
- You, as a user of the Site are referred to as "you" and "your"
Under the Act, personal information is information about an individual by which that individual’s identity can be reasonably ascertained.
We operate the Site. By accessing the Site, you consent to the collection and use of the information you provide in the manner we describe in this policy.
If you provide us with your personal information, you consent to our collection, use and storage of that information in accordance with this policy.
When do we collect information?
We will collect information from you when:
- You book an interview with us
- You apply to be a student
- You enrol as a student at Created
- You provide us with information by speaking to us, sending us a letter, emailing or telephoning us
- When you visit the Site, or log-in to third party sites from the Site, we will receive information that those pages have loaded in your web browser.
Our company is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
All direct payment gateways offered by Wix.com and used by our company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. https://www.wix.com/about/privacy
You can control cookies through your browser settings and other tools. Please be aware that, if you reject the cookie, you will not be able to use our web-based services.
What information do we collect?
We will ask you to provide us with information about yourself when you book an interview, apply to be a Student, and again when you enrol. Some of this information will be personal information for the purposes of the Act.
How we protect information?
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure or destruction. We will retain the information for a reasonable amount of time after your enrolment ends.
In order to enable us to meet our obligations under the Act and to ensure the operation of the Site, we may need to allow our authorised staff and contractors access to your personal information. The staff and contractors are required by contract and policies to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
For what purposes do we use information?
We use the information that we collect about you to:
- Enable us to contact you when you book an interview
- Assess your application to be a Student
- Enable you to enrol as a Student
- Respond to any enquiry you have
- Provide access to the Site
- Provide support related to the Site aspects
- Improve the user experience
- Facilitate quick retrieval of relevant information
- Improve and adapt the content we deliver to you
- Alert you to updated information on the Site
- Investigate problems, resolve disputes or enforce our Policies and Procedures
For what purposes do we NOT use information?
We will not:
- Sell your personal information, such as name, contact details (email or street address) to third parties
When do we give information to third parties?
We will make the information we collect from you available to third parties:
- Where it is necessary for your application to be assessed
- Where it is necessary for you to enrol as a Student
- As reasonably necessary in order to enable us to make the Site available to you
- For the purposes of product development, research or statistical analysis
- When we reasonably believe it is required by law
- When you give us permission to do so
- As reasonably necessary in order to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public
- As necessary to assert our rights.
Updating your information:
You may access and update or correct the information we hold about you whenever you choose to do so.
How to Contact Us:
You may want to contact us about the personal information we hold about you (including to correct any information) or to ask a question about our Policy or to make a complaint related to a breach by us of the Act.
You may do so by clicking the Contact Us button at the bottom of the website.
If you have a complaint about our compliance with the Act and we have not responded to your complaint within 30 days after you first notified us of your complaint, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by visiting their site http://www.oaic.gov.au/
Effective July 2019
Updated April 2020